Elisad is a European association of individuals and organisations with special interests in the exchange and dissemination of alcohol, tobacco, drug and other addictions information.
Elisad tasks are:
- To stimulate and enhance European cooperation between libraries, information services, documentation centres and individuals working in the field of information on alcohol and drugs
- To stimulate the use and the development of information management technologies
- To stimulate the development of policies aiming to facilitate the dissemination of factual information the use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs in Europe.
- To keep librarians and information officers informed.
- To encourage exchange of information and the continuing training, especially about developments in information technology